Wednesday, August 11, 2010

fun calendar for my kitchen :)

Recently I made a pretty cute calendar for my kitchen.

I started with a baking sheet (mine was one I had used from Ikea). I painted the outside of it red with a few coats of paint, and then sealed it with modge podge (ie miracle glue) so the paint wouldn't scratch right off.



Then I used a 3/4" paper punch to cut out small circles, and I stamped numbers 1-31 on a circle.



I used glue dots (small adhesive dots, you can find them at any craft store) to adhere the circles to some 3/4 magnets (found at Hobby Lobby, very very very magnetic).

With the magnetic dates for the calendar, I will beable to put dentist reminder cards, or any other kind of note under each day. They also make it easy to remove or add items, which I really like.



Next I did a zig zag stitch on the ends of some supercute fabric (cut into a 12 by 12" piece) I found at a little fabric shop in Columbus, OH. Then I used tacky tape (another essential scrapbook item, it literally will stick to anything, found at most craft stores), to adhere the fabric to the cookie sheet.



Then I used my friend's Silhouette SD (I dream of owning one), to cut out the letters for each month. You could just handwrite it or use stickers if a diecute machine is not handy. These I affixed to white pieces of cardstock (I attached this with a sticky dot, will attach a new one each month. I am thinking about using velcro instead...)



Then I put the dates on the board, and uses white cardstock scraps to write some of the stuff we have going on this month (weddings, vacation, wisdom teeth-- oh my!)

And Voila! A pretty calendar that sure brightens up my kitchen.



Here it is hanging in my kitchen :)



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. love this idea!! and the fabric!
    Might just copy you on this one-or make a magnetic FHE chart. I have a huge cookie sheet that needs a purpose-it is actually too big for my oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I absolutely love that!! So stinking cute! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...