Friday, March 2, 2012

It's Finally Thursday

One week of documenting your life in this much detail is a little exhausting. Definitely a fun exercise though. Here is an account of Thursday (albeit a day late):

6:30-8:30 - Daily struggle to get out of bed. Shouldn't have stayed up so late!
8:30-9:00 - Meet briefly with my boss. Discuss a few things I am working on and a few other items.
9:00-9:30 - Realize my calendar for the day has done a complete 180. Meeting at 3:00 is at 9:00 now. Run to meeting to discuss some feedback I have for folks on a project's requirements. Meeting goes well. Also, have to send a few notes to people about the shifts in my calendar as it affects a few other meetings.
Lamb Chops. I feel like this is the forgotten tv show of the 90s.
10-12 - Catch up on email, follow up on some items. Item I was worried about last night has resolved, I really have some incredible colleagues. Review a document for a meeting later in the day. Meet with someone fairly impromptu to discuss their requirements (can you tell my focus is on providing feedback on requirements at work? This is a definition to help you understand what I mean by requirement).
12-1 - Take an awesome break with John and eat at Madras Masala. Eat some yummy Indian food, my favorite is the lamb curry. A few years I don't think I would have ever imagined myself eating, let a lone loving something with lamb in it. All I would have been able to think about was Lamb Chops. I also ate a big portion of Mango Lassi, the yummiest most delicious Indian dessert. I REALLY want to go up to the buffet for a second round, but I exercise some control (mostly because John is with me... thank heavens for him).

1-3 - Drive up north in AA for a meeting in a different location than my usual office. Meet with someone again (you guessed it! To review requirements!) Meeting goes well. I am becoming a Requirement SME (Subject Matter Expert) to be sure.

3-5:45 Stay up north because it is close to home and I don't feel like driving back to normal office. Spend some time "synthesizing" and summarizing all of the feedback I have given to projects to provide an overview to some leadership. At some point I also run up to visit a colleague and pay them back some $ I owed them. They let me borrow their badge a few weeks back when I didn't have mine to get in a building and of course I lost it and they were charged a not so nice replacement fee :(

6:00 - 6:30 Run to the store on my way home from work. Missionaries from Church are coming in 30 min for dinner and we don't know what to make them! John and I consider ordering pizza, or taking them out to applebee's, but decide last minute we can do our quick homemade pizzas. I grab a few toppings we are missing and head home. John is frantically cleaning our apartment (it is not so clean... notice I have not done chores the past few days) and I get dinner ready.

6:30- 8  Missionaries arrive and help us finish up the pizzas (we use pita bread for the crust and the pizzas cook in 5 min!) Toppings are pepperonis, mozzarella, feta, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onion... delicious!) We also serve a salad. We enjoy dinner together and the missionaries share a nice lesson on Sustaining Church Leaders. I love when they come over, they bring such a good spirit into our home.

8-11 After the missionaries leave, I take a quick shower and then we get stuff ready to head over to a friends house. I am quilting with a friend tonight while John is practicing a musical number with some guys. My friend and I have a blast hanging out and working on our quilts. We talk about all kinds of things, and listen to some Justin Bieber. She commits to watching "Never Say Never" with me. It will convert anyone. Guys get back and play a bit of mario, then we head home.

11:15 - ? I read very briefly and then fall asleep. It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...