Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blog Tag: A Peek into the Life of Kristin...

I was tagged recently by my friend Shalay to participate in this fun Q&A. This kind of reminds me of Slam Books. I don't remember calling it that - but google and pinterest tell me that is what they are called. Essentially it was way back in elementary/middle school and people would write questions on different pages, and you would pass them around and each write your answer on each page. All I remember about this was that everyone got to use their own cute stickers.... and for some reason I remember hello kitty being involved...


Anyway! Collaboration sure has changed, and here is my go at "Blog Tag". 

THE RULES:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people

11 Random Things About Me
me and john swing dancing
1. I love dancing. It is probably my favorite form of exercise. Lately I have been taking a tap dancing class again, it is a blast. But I also love ballet, swing, salsa. Pretty much any type of dancing.
2. I work in IT. Maybe this isn't random, but it kind of is to me. I never imagined myself as an IT Geek. My dad grew up working in IT... somehow you never think you will do what your parents did.
3. I am currently following 88 blogs. Did I mention it is an addiction?
4. I LOVE board games, could probably play one every day. (In fact I do, thanks to Ticket to Ride Pocket Edition for the iPhone!)
5. I was the only kid in my 2nd grade class who didn't have a crush on this one boy. I have always prided myself on being independent (or stubborn, non-conformist, interpret how you may).
6. I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints four years ago. I am grateful everyday for my faith and how it changes my perspective.
7. I am the shortest person in my immediate family! And I am 5'9 and have all sisters!
8. One of my current goals is to become a morning person. I have been doing some research on this... but think I may be beyond help. Any advice?
Me with my tall family in Cancun.
I look taller than Lauren here. I'm not.
9. I secretly identify as a hippie. I told this once to a friend and they laughed at me. However, in my mind I am a free thinker, who is fairly liberal, wears cool hipstery I don't care how I look clothes (and can pull them off) and wants to join the Peace Corp and save the whales.  In reality I am a moderate who primarily wears pencil skirts and dress slacks, who feels "green" by receiving paperless statements for their Corporate AMEX and donates to charities often but documents it thoroughly to write off in taxes. Discrepancies in self perception and reality? Perhaps.
10. I made baked kale chips yesterday inspired by my friend Jamie's recipe. (Hey, it said random!)
11. I secretly want to own a farm. I am working on convincing John to share this dream with me. I have been really inspired by my friend Alison's recent quest into country living, and think it would be a really fulfilling lifestyle.



Shalay's Questions for me: 
1.  What is your favorite vegetable? Broccoli. Steamed, not too soggy and not too crunchy. Caramelized Balsamic Asparagus is a close second.
2.  What do you like to do when you have alone time? I love love love to read. Preferably something with romance and historical fiction. 
3.  What TV show/movie do you watch by yourself because no one wants to watch it with you? Glee. And New Girl. These are my guilty pleasures.
4.  What is your biggest dream in life? To make a difference in the world.
5.  What was the scariest nightmare you've ever had? I used to have this nightmare recurring when I was a kid that my dad was shot by some native americans in ohio. (For some reason, the Ohio in my dreams was very rural and had no school, just native americans who were trying to kill my dad). When I finally slept long enough to finish the dream, it turns out my dad was shot but only in the leg and he was fine. 
6.  What pet have you always wanted but never had? Um... a kitty but I just got my dear Myao Ming.
Probably my favorite picture of me and John.
From the summer we fell in love.
7.  What is your guilty pleasure? Cheesy Love stories. Funny Sitcoms. Thin Mint Cookies straight out of the freezer.
8.  Are you a Daddy's girl or Mommy's girl? Probably a daddy's girl. I have many warm memories taking bike rides with my dad. However, my mom and I are really close too, maybe through our mutual love of crafting.
9.  What is something you just can't stand? Full Disclosure: Mushroom tops when people's jeans don't fit. Just get the right size jeans!
10.  What is your least favorite word? (Swear words don't count) Hate. It is just an ugly word with the ugliest meaning.
11.  What is your favorite blog? OOh! That is a good one. Probably Rockstar Diaries. Naomi is a modern momma who is super positive. I always enjoy reading her blog, a favorite recent post can be found here. I also have quite a few friends blogs that I absolutely love reading and can't wait until there are new posts.

My Questions: 
1.  Describe your morning ritual. What do you do when you wake up?
2.  What is your least favorite food? (if applicable)
3.  What was the last book you read?
4.  What is your biggest dream in life?
5.  What disney character do you most closely identify with?
6.  If you were on a deserted island, what one item would you take with you? (essentials provided)
7.  What is your guilty pleasure?
8.  What is one of the earliest things in your life you remember?
9.  What is something you just can't stand?
10.  What is your least favorite word? (Swear words don't count)
11.  If you have kids (or want to have them), what is the one thing you hope above all else you teach them?

I tag:

And anyone else who is willing to participate :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...