Monday, February 17, 2014

Finished Quilts

I finished a bunch of quilts in late fall / early winter. I love designing and picking colors, and even piecing quilt tops. But finishing! Uck! I will wait around forever to finish a quilt. Proud to have these out of the "queue" and in the hands of their new owners!

Remember the very first quilt top I ever made? 6 years ago?   Well I finally got around to binding it.  I used muslin on the back mostly for thrift, but I have to say it is one of my warmest quilts. That is especially needed considering all of the snow we have had this crazy winter.


I made this beauty over the course of the last 2 years. I love love the bright colors and the contrast/negative space of the white. I saved a block for me to make a pillow because I loved it so much. It was finally finished and quilted for a dear friend who had her first baby girl a few months ago.



I chose super warm batting and backing because they also live in a cold area.


This was another of my super quick quilts for a friend's baby. I loved the fabric!  I love giving homemade gifts, I wish I had enough time to make them more often. I make these easy strip quilts often, and love using ric rac to give it a little bit of spunk. This was also my first project where I used free motion quilting and a walking foot. I still have a lot of practice to do, but it was a neat way to quilt on a normal machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...