Thursday, July 1, 2010

Salad Dressing Recipes

Lately one of my many interests has been experimenting in the kitchen. I never really cooked growing up, so in the last year and a half I have really exploring. We didnt often make food from scratch at my home. So the idea that I can make bread, cakes, sauces, dressings or really anything else from scratch has been fairly new. I guess I always knew people did those things... I just didn't know I would enjoy it so much. Anyway, I thought I might start sharing some of my cooking adventures. Hope you enjoy!

Pesto Salad Dressing (made this tonight, so tasty!!)
Ingredients
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves or fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, lightly crushed
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese

Directions
1. In bowl of food processor, pulse the dried basil with the fresh basil (preferred) or parley.
2. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, snd pulse 4-5 times.
3. Add olive oil and and process for about 10 seconds, until mixture is finely chopped but not pureed.





Blackberry Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsmaic vinegar
2 TBSP Blackberry Preserves
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste

This can be mixed in a sealed plastic container, or done in a food processor. Mix the vinegar and preserves first for a smoother mixture. This is also a great marinade, and feel free to subsitute with other preserves of your choice! (I can't wait to try raspberry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...