Hello! I want to start posting 10 blessings I have felt this week every Sunday, because I am so joyful for what the Lord has done for me- and I think it is important to share these things. So here we go, enjoy!
1. I went bowling with my family this week- this was one of the first family outings I have been on in who knows how long, and it was really fun and refreshing. Having the opportunity to be home was such a privilege and a blessing.
2. I saw the sun EVERY single day last week. Not just regular sun, but warm sun. The sun constantly reminds me of God's love for me :)
3. Today was Fast Sunday, and I gave my testimony and felt the spirit really strongly. I love being at Church and feeling a genuine nearness to my Heavenly Father. What a wonderful blessing to have the freedom to worship my Lord as I chose.
4. John helped me clean my dorm today- he is the most wonderful man in the world. And, probably one of my greatest blessings. Ay the things he puts up with for me!
5. One of my best friends got engaged last night! I am grateful for her friendship, and super excited we get to plan our weddings together :)
6. John and I are going to pick a date sometime soon (as in this week I think!) We have been feeling really stuck in molasses and devoid of progress waiting to move forward with wedding plans, so it is a great blessing to be able to move forward.
7. I spent a ton of time with both my Mom and my Dad this week. I love being with them, and I feel closer to them every time we get to talk for a long time or do something fun together. I also got to learn a lot about their courtship- which was really incredible. I am so blessed to have parents who love each other so deeply, and who love me more than I can ever understand.
8. I met up with one of my best scrapbook friends this week! She is like another mother to me, and it was so great hearing talking with her and reminiscing on all that has changed since we last saw each other. Friends are best, and some of the sweetest blessings.
9. I read 5 books this week (one a day Monday-Friday), almost completely catching me up for my English Class. And the great part- I was able to focus on them all! Yay. I read the Host (okay this was for fun), Persepolis, House on Mango St., Baltimore Blues, and Lucy. I am so blessed to have had a clear mind, and an opportunity to catch up on much needed school work.
10. I did some visiting teaching today. I just love meeting with other sisters and sharing my love for them and the gospel. It is such a great blessing to be able to serve others- and let them serve you!