Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kristin Bates: The ESFP


I recently have been studying personality types for my Behavioral Theory in Management class (which I love).

I tested as an ESFP (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving). Since then, I have been having some fun learning about me (lol or my personality type). Anyway, I could have taken from a ton of sources, but let's face it Wikipedia is not too shabby...

"ESFPs love being around people and having new experiences. Living in the here-and-now, they often do not think about long term effects or the consequences of their actions. While very practical, they generally despise routines, instead desiring to 'go with the flow.' They are, in fact, very play minded. Because ESFPs learn better through hands-on experience, classroom learning may be troublesome for many of them, especially those with a very underdeveloped intuitive side.

Others usually see ESFPs as resourceful and supportive, as well as gregarious, playful, and spontaneous. ESFPs get a lot of satisfaction out of life and are fun to be around. Their exuberance and enthusiasm draw others to them. They are flexible, adaptable, congenial, and easygoing. They seldom plan ahead, trusting their ability to respond in the moment and deal effectively with whatever presents itself. They dislike structure and routine and will generally find ways to bend the rules."

So do you think this is accurate? I thought it was! And it scared me. Something else I read even identified that I hate being alone. Which is true!! I live by myself right now and I avoid going home like the plague so I don't have to be by myself. ah!
But- I read something else about ESFP's that said we were the least likely to rely on spirituality in times of need- which is way off! Ha Ha! My personality is not constrained to a box...

What is your personality type? Does it fit you?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's somewhat accurate - especially the friendly outgoing part, although I'm questioning the laid back since you have an edge. :)

    I border the ISTJ/ENTJ border. Both my E/I and S/N are only 1% different although I usually fall in the N category most frequently over the S. I don't know if it's accurate since I can't make up my mind everytime I take these things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...