Tuesday, September 2, 2014

An Eternal Family

Note: I drafted this many months ago - and never hit publish. Wanted to share anyway...

We are joyfully expecting a baby boy in early October.

I have so many thoughts I could share on this topic. John and I have been hoping and praying for this sweet babe for a long time, and we are so grateful the time is here. It never ceases to amaze me how God has such a perfect plan for our lives. We often felt frustrated or saddened during our wait. Why us? Why not now?

Now that the time is here, it feels like just the right time. I know there was a divine purpose in this timing and I am grateful for a God who loves us and knows what is best. 

As can be expected, we have a lot of anxiety and nerves coupled with all of our excitement. Will we be patient enough? Kind enough? Nurturing enough? 

I know that Heavenly Father will prepare us. We won't be perfect parents, but we will be prepared. I feel so grateful he trusts me with one of his children. 

I also know that as I fail, and I will fail at some things, that I can be renewed and start again through the power of the Savior's atonement. 

I know that families are eternal. I know  that our lives and our family relationships extend beyond this mortal existence. It brings me such peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...