Friday, April 18, 2014

Rays of Sunshine in a Tough Winter

This winter has been a challenge. I feel like winters frequently are and it is always in this February/March/April timeframe that it feels like it will never end. There have been a lot of factors to make this winter tough, but I am grateful to begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It is amazing how much joy just seeing the sun can bring. I feel like I have such a renewed energy and livelihood from just having a little more light and warmth in my life.

On Monday this week it was 77! I just wore a light sweater on my commute and a dress... with no tights! And I didn't even wear boots! It was crazy, I hadn't gone without wearing wool socks, boots and a heavy coat, scarf and gloves since October. I take the train to work and do about 20 minutes of walking each way, so I have to be prepared for the elements. We even turned off our heat and even opened our bedroom windows!

2 mornings later I woke up at 4 am freezing (windows still open). It was back down to below freezing and we had gotten ice/rain overnight! Bring back the socks, boots, gloves, scarves.... We may not be through the winter yet -- but Spring is coming! And I can trek the cold a bit longer if it means more glorious sunshine is coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...