Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blessings in Little Rock

I am still travelling to Little Rock 3/4 weeks a month. It looks like I will be done travelling in December, and hope to find something in Boston at that time. I miss being around John during the week, but I feel grateful for the opportunity to be in Little Rock right now.
Coming home to these kids is so fun
Instead of staying in a hotel each week, I am staying with my brother and sister in-law and their two children. I cannot tell you enough how this has made all the difference. I love coming to their home each day and hearing my sweet niece yell "Kistin!!!" Even though I am not that exciting, they both never cease to be happy to see me, it is invigorating. I love staying up late talking with my sister in law, talking finance and business with my brother and law, and getting the opportunity to go to family events. I sew with my mother in law every few weeks, and see other family frequently.

Doll making night with the family. So much fun...
It is hard to be away from John. We are both our best selves when we are together. But if we have to be apart for a little while, this is the best way to do it. I feel spoiled rotten by his family, and am so grateful for their kindness and generosity. It is such a privilege and honor to be a McElderry and to have been taken in so literally into this family.

Beautiful flowers sent from my love to cheer me up.

We try to video chat often. I think this was while John was in Belgium for work.

I also have some great colleagues, which makes travelling a lot more fun.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristin, I don't get on blogger much anymore, but decided to tonight cause I'm bored (you're not here :)) Anyway, I saw this post, and just wanted to say we truly do enjoy having you stay with us. My kids love it when you come and we enjoy visiting. I know you always say thank you time and again, and it is really is OUR pleasure to have you! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...